On the 9th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...




I know, traditionally the 12 days of Christmas are celebrated starting Christmas day until Epiphany in January but I liked the idea of celebrating it leading up to Christmas.  I got the idea from a blog I read pretty regularly.  The main point is to just bless your husband in some way on each of the 12 days leading up to or after Christmas.  I must tell you that this has been so much fun for me and by day 6 I could really tell he was enjoying it too, wondering what he would be getting each new day.  I didn't spend much money at all, as a matter of fact most of the things would have been stocking stuffers, and I just had to get creative with some of the other days, but it has been so fun to give him a little something everyday relating to the number of the day.  So, here is what he has gotten so far:

Day 1 - Love and Respect book (he had asked for for his birthday)
Day 2 - gloves
Day 3 - 3 chocolate bars
Day 4 - 1 box of poptarts has 4 packs in it.  A yummy treat!
Day 5 - 5 pack of underwear
Day 6 - 6 bottles of Henry's Root Beer
Day 7 - 7 letters.  Matthew has 7 letters so I wrote him a name poem.
Day 8 - 8 oz can of peppermint hot cocoa
Day 9 - 9 I love you notes that he will find in various places around the house and online today! (maybe he will write a note sharing where he found each of his "I love you" notes later.)
Day 10-12 - shhhhh... it's a secret, I can't tell yet.

Comments

  1. Yule festival may interest you, like many old holidays and festivals it too was absorbed by early christianity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun Nicki! Hope he found them all :0)
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HELP! Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins, and they can be GF!

The Dark Days

"Mommy, Where's Baby Aimee?"